PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SUMMER READING SPONSORS - CLICK HERE
2018 SUMMER READING PROGRAM
The 2018 Summer Reading Program is for children ages 6-11 (or students entering grades K-6). Registration is open until June 23.
- Grand Finale Concert the week of June 25.
- Each of our five branches hosts a weekly activity.
- Register at your local branch.
Keep track of books you read in June and July by filling in your reading log kept at your local branch.
For kids ages 6-8, or those reading picture books:
- Log each book you read
- Receive a prize after reading 16 books by June 30 for a prize
- For every 10 books you read, you earn a grand prize entry ticket
For kids ages 9-11, or those reading chapter books:
- Log the number of hours and minutes you read (30 minute increments please)
- Receive a prize after reading for 8 hours
- For every 2 hours you read, you earn a grand prize entry ticket
The Finale Concert and Grand Prizes will be at each branch June 25 through June 29.
WEEK THREE ACTIVITIES
The Science of Music
Friday, June 22 - 10:30 a.m.
East Hancock County Library
Come see Christian Stephenson, MSU Extension Agent, explain the science behind sound and how we perceive it with some awesome demonstrations!