MAGNOLIA provides Mississippi residents with access to electronic databases through their local public, school, community college, or university libraries. MAGNOLIA is funded by the Mississippi Legislature and partially funded by the Library Services and Technology Act administered by the Mississippi Library Commission.
In MAGNOLIA, you can do all types of research using Mississippi's statewide collection of online databases. These include professional articles on all subjects, perfect for your school or college research projects. Includes Academic Search Premier, EBSCO, NoveList, Kids’ Search, Credo Reference, and lots more!
Library Card-Holders Only
With your Hancock County Library System (HCLS) library card, you can access the following subscription online research resources for free! Enter ALL 14 digits of the number on the back of your library card, then your 4-digit PIN number. If you don’t know your PIN, stop by the library desk and our staff can look it up for you.
- Ancestry Library can only be used inside the libraries. Click the link on the desktop on any public computer. Search for your ancestors.
- Sun-Herald Historical Newspapers can only be used inside the libraries.
- Hancock County Historical Society offers vital records, information on local structures, and a large photo gallery.
- Local writer Russell Guerin hosts an extensive database on Hancock County pioneers, pirates, families held as slaves, and other local history.
- Library eBooks In addition to popular current titles, our eBooks collection includes all the classics, like Jane Austen and Sherlock Holmes. These titles don’t count against your checkout limit, and they never expire. Click on the “Additional eBooks” button to browse.
- Online Book Clubs sign up for your favorite genre to receive samples of new books in your email.