Jobs Available at the Hancock County Library System
Announcement of Open Position
Position: Business Manager
Location: HCLS Administration (inside of Bay St. Louis-Hancock County Library)
Deadline: Position open until filled
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- An Associate’s degree or a Bachelor’s degree (from an accredited institution of higher learning) in Accounting or related field.
- At least three years’ experience with payroll, preferably in a government setting.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel
- Ability to operate an integrated automated financial accounting system including Payroll, Budgetary, General Ledger, and Inventory/Asset Management software systems, preferably QuickBooks.
- A general understanding of federal, state, and local employment, wage and salary laws and regulations.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
SALARY/BENEFITS: Starting Salary – Dependent upon education & experience. Eligible for low-cost insurance and state retirement.
WORK HOURS: 40 hour work week; normal work schedule may include day, evening and rotating Friday/Saturday hours.
DUTIES: Responsible for the daily operation of the Business Office (including, but not limited to:)
- Preparation of budget, maintain payroll system and leave records, financial reporting, library annual audit, coordination of formal bids and requests for proposals in accordance with Mississippi state purchasing laws; docket
- Generates payments for outstanding invoices, tracks equipment and other asset related purchases, and general ledger maintenance and reports.
- Responsible for administration of employee benefits, including: State retirement system, health insurance, vision and dental, COBRA, worker’s comp, deferred compensation, etc; maintain reports as required; monitors compliance.
- Reviews federal and state tax reports related to payroll, such as 941 reports, MESC reports, monthly/quarterly/yearly withholding reports, W-2’s, and 1099’s; Update employee withholding tax rate schedules (IRS schedule E) according to instructions, as needed.
- Monitors and maintains time clock software for system.
TO APPLY: Must meet minimum qualifications to apply. Submit a formal HCLS application and resume to Jennifer Baxter (firstname.lastname@example.org ), Executive Director, at the Hancock County Library System: 312 HWY 90 Bay St. Louis, MS 39520 (228) 467-6836.
HCLS is an Equal Opportunity Employer