To apply for a job posted, click here to access our employment application.
Position: Executive Assistant (Administrative Officer I)
Location: HCLS Headquarters - Bay St. Louis, MS
Available: September 2018
Deadline: Position open until filled
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Associate’s Degree or 60 semester hours of college coursework.Experience working with automated accounting system; Experience with Quick Books preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to initiate and maintain filing system.
- Experience in HR preferred.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiencies in Microsoft Word and Excel. Able to manage email, fax, and electronic communications.
- Excellent personal communications ability; knowledge of telephone etiquette.
- A valid driver’s license.
SALARY: Dependent upon qualifications and experience.
WORK HOURS: 40 hour work week; normal work schedule M-F 8:00 – 5:00pm. May require occasional evening and weekend hours. This position is considered salaried/non-exempt.|
Under direction of the Business Manager, the person holding this position will perform administrative-level work to assist Business Manager with operations and management of Business Office, including: invoicing, ordering materials and supplies, and payroll. The person holding this position will also assist the Executive Director in operations and management of Hancock County Library System, including: management of administrative office, filing, policy writing, and branch assessment.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Greets visitors and answers phone calls to the administrative office, taking messages and returning calls as needed.
- Assists Executive Director in operations of HCLS Administrative Office: answers telephones, filing, note taking, correspondence, preparing reports, and HR records management.
- Assists Business Manager in operations of HCLS Business office: basic bookkeeping tasks, manages purchasing, makes deposits, issues purchase orders, assists with annual audit.
- Orders and receives supplies and equipment in accordance with Mississippi purchasing laws.
- Balances daily cash receipts and prepares daily deposits.
- Prepares monthly docket of claims; issues checks for claims and enters into automated accounting system
- Serves as purchasing agent for HCLS system
- Maintains confidential personnel actions, payroll, and employee information.
- Assists Executive Director as necessary in preparation of arrangements for team, board and other meetings.
- Serves as vendor liaison for HCLS system.
- Provides clerical support for administrative offices.
- Maintains and promotes the characteristics of excellent customer service in assigned area of responsibility; Conveys a warm, respectful and un-patronizing attitude toward Library users. Listens carefully, asks questions, as necessary.
- Interprets, communicates and carries out policies, procedures, and established practices of the Hancock County Library System.
- Carries out other administrative-level support and accounting duties as assigned.
TO APPLY: Must meet min qualifications to apply. Must submit a resume and HCLS application to be considered for the position. Submit to Jennifer Baxter (firstname.lastname@example.org ), Executive Director, at the Hancock County Library System 312 HWY 90 Bay St. Louis, MS 39520 (228) 467-6836. HCLS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position open until filled. Due to high volume of applicants, we may not be able to respond to every candidate.