MAGNOLIA provides Mississippi residents with access to electronic databases through their local public, school, community college, or university libraries. MAGNOLIA is funded by the Mississippi Legislature and partially funded by the Library Services and Technology Act administered by the Mississippi Library Commission.
In MAGNOLIA, you can do all types of research using Mississippi's statewide collection of online databases. These include professional articles on all subjects, perfect for your school or college research projects. Includes Academic Search Premier, EBSCO, NoveList, Kids’ Search, Credo Reference, and lots more!
If you are asked for a library username, please enter magn1090
Learning Express Library
Sign in with your email address and a password. Tests include AP exams, civil service, ACT, GED, US citizenship, and lots more. The site also includes job-related skill building, licensing, and certification, plus tutorials on Microsoft software, Windows and Mac.
Click here to begin your prep work for common tests.
Library Card-Holders Only
Ancestry Library is temporarily out of service. We are working on the problem and we apologize for the inconvenience.
With your Hancock County Library System (HCLS) library card, you can access the following subscription online research resources for free! Enter ALL 14 digits of the number on the back of your library card, then your 4-digit PIN number. If you don’t know your PIN, stop by the library desk and our staff can look it up for you.
- Ancestry Library can only be used inside the libraries. Search for your ancestors.
- Heritage Quest is a tool for family history and genealogy. Search census records from 1790-1940; Revolutionary War-era records, the Freedman’s Bank, and more than 2.3 million genealogy and local history articles, plus 28,000 local and family histories.
- Proquest Obituary Search newspaper obituaries and death notices for ancestors, relatives, or other persons.
- Historic News Search the Sun-Herald archives from 1888-1922. Also includes NewsBank Special Reports on current events, which are good for school reports.
- Library eBooks In addition to popular current titles, our eBooks collection includes all the classics, like Jane Austen and Sherlock Holmes. These titles don’t count against your checkout limit, and they never expire. Click on the “Additional eBooks” button to browse.
- Online Book Clubs sign up for your favorite genre to receive samples of new books in your email.