The Workforce Investment Network (WIN) in Mississippi is an innovative strategy designed to provide convenient, one-stop employment and training services to employers and job seekers. Combining federal, state and community workforce programs and services into physical locations and electronic sites, WIN In Mississippi creates a system that is both convenient and user-friendly.
Using the WIN Job Center Database
- Go to http://mdes.ms.gov/
- Hover your mouse over “I need a job,” then click “Search for a job now.”
- If you have never registered with a WIN Job Center, click the link to register. If you already have a login and password, sign in.
- The simplest way to search is by Zip code.
- Remember, the default setting is to show job within “Any” distance of your Zip code. Select the maximum distance you are willing to travel.
- The distance shown is as the crow flies. Actual mileage may vary.
If you search by keyword, beware of jobs that may be listed under various synonyms
- For example, if you search “Accountant” it will only bring you listings with that word in them – but the employer may have called the position “Bookkeeper.”
- The same goes for Waitress/Waitstaff, Secretary/Administrative Assistant, etc.
- Be sure to search by multiple keywords - or just search by Zip code.
For details on how to apply for a job, write down the Job ID Number and call the WIN center. The staff will be able to tell you whether to apply online, apply in person, or visit the WIN Center for a referral.
- Picayune: 601-798-3472
- Gulfport: 228-897-6900
If you get a job through the WIN site, you will need to go to one of the offices for E-Verification of your eligibility to work in the USA. Bring a valid state-issued photo ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.) plus your Social Security Card or birth certificate (original or certified copy)
Services for Job Seekers
- Job search & placement assistance
- Computers, copier, fax and telephone
- High speed Internet access
- Résumé preparation software
- Interview tips
- Career and aptitude assessment
- Information on and referral to training
- Information on GED and adult basic education classes
- Information on financial assistance for eligible education and training
- Information on unemployment insurance benefits
- Labor market information
- Career assistance for ex-offenders
- Services for veterans
- Information for laid-off workers
- Information on NAFTA/TAA benefits for employees
- Referral to child care, transportation, and other support services
- Referral to rehabilitation services
1. Visit http://mdes.ms.gov/unemployment-claims/. From here, you can:
a. Print an unemployment verification page
b. File your weekly claim
c. Print a 1099 for your taxes
d. Get information about claims
Gulfport WIN Job Center
10162 Southpark Drive
Gulfport, MS 39503
Closed Wednesday at 4:00pm
Pearl River County
Picayune WIN Job Center
2005 Wildwood Rd
Picayune, MS 39466
Closed Wednesday at 4:00pm